Ariana Grande's Clone??

Only one of these photos is the real Ariana Grande. I'm a huge Ariana Grande fan, but if I saw the photo on the right with no context, I would assume it was just a cute Ari selfie. The person on the left is not Ariana Grande, but Paige Neimann, a 15 year old TikTok-er who went viral because of her striking similarity to popstar Ariana Grande. I completely understand her obsession with Ari -- she is an amazing vocalist and a very beautiful, confident woman. I even bought an Ari inspired ponytail for her concert! But when does the mimicry cross the line to creepy? When I showed my friends videos of Paige imitating Ariana on TikTok, their reactions were all "Eww that is so weird!" I think that the cause of the uncanny feelings is that Paige has mastered not only Ariana's look, but also her facial expressions and mannerisms. Ariana is known for her very distinct voice and personality, and the fact that Paige has been able to so flawlessly recreate these is just slightly unsettling.
Paige is not the only Ariana doppelganger. Jacky Melissa Vasquez is a 20 year old woman who also bears an uncanny resemblence to Ariana.
And there are even more lookalikes than that! Ariana is one of the most imitated celebrities, and I think that the reason for this is that she just exudes bad b*tch energy. When I listen to 7 Rings, I instantly become a sassy diva queen like Ari. Ariana IS confidence, and I think that many girls are drawn to this look simply because it makes them feel more confident.

Comments

Popular Posts